Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

On Vacation



Here we all were on vacation.  Thor and I were trying to work things out and the first and second days of the vacation was just wonderful.  The third day started in arguments that lead us to spending the day heartbreakingly apart.  The third day was on the rocks between us as well and it was so difficult at this point being a wife, family member, and mom.  I felt so in between everyone, trying to fix my husband, trying to spend this time with Mads, and seeing family that I did not see much.  Things just started to feel as though they were spiraling out of control (I even had a dream that we were stuck in a water funnel going down.)  The day came that we were all looking forward to having together.   Thor and I spent the night before off and on, started out good then ended out of control.  I went and put in the ok that we all would be joining the family the next day thinking that we could all just hang out and do our own things while we were together.  It began very early and with the night we had previous we woke up still buzzed from the almost all night party we attended.  My mom knew it, and turned to us as we were walking into the place where we were spending out day, she said to us between grit teeth, “I better not see a drop of alcohol hit either of your lips today.”(I felt like a kid again at that point)   Ironically a minute later the resort we were visiting was offering us free alcohol filled punch as we entered.  The statement enraged Thor who felt like she just stuck her nose where it was none of her business and that caused bitterness and direct separation from the family.  We left early, and Mads stayed behind with the rest of the family.  When we got back to our room we just cuddled and got some much needed rest in each other’s arms.  I was so upset that the day turned out like that, but it did.  I woke up to join everyone for dinner and felt it would be best to keep Thor asleep and bring him back a plate.  He was in no frame of mind to spend time with my family at that time.   Mads and I had some fun together, then I spent time with some other family members. 


No comments:

Post a Comment