Pageviews past week

Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting Remarried

Thanks to all again.  I hope I am displaying proper etiquette here in saying thanks.  Please feel free to ask me questions or email me (I am not the best with checking my email however I will get better if response increases) :)

The one thing Thor and I did accomplish while we were in Mid Atlantic was getting married.  We eloped in Vegas.  It was my second marriage, the first was done all right (something borrowed something blue, old, new, didn’t see each other prior, the whole nine yards) still ended in divorce.  We were going to invite our best friends along.  Before we knew it Thor’s best friends’ girl started with these demands she had for this and we quickly put an end to that.  I didn’t even ask my bestie.  We decided to tell our families we were going there to get married, but it was just me and him.  I had a dress that made me feel so sexy and Thor looked so handsome.  We had a great time.  Our decision not to bring anyone was confirmed to be the best decision when we got to the chapel, and the wife to be waiting behind us was practically in tears over arguments with the party present.  Whew, what a great decision for us.

Mads started turning pre-teen age and was starting to become defiant towards me and Thor.  He started inverting into his room with constant video games and computer time.  Here we were with over 5 acres of forest and caves and a whole bunch of interesting surroundings and all Mads wanted to do was stay inside.  He started hating going to the mountain with us, growing closer and identifying more with his father than us.  We toyed with the notion of him moving in with his dad but at that time I just could not fathom giving him up and living without him.  Mads who is a very smart kid did not excel in school due to attention issues.  We struggled with that.  It seemed when we took away the video games he would excel.  When we moved back to New England we based our house buying (which we bought a large home) and neighborhood for school as Mads had always shown an interest in going to a great college like MIT or something along those lines.  I just couldn’t give him up. 

Ok, well I am going to end here for today but I am getting to the really interesting parts in the next few days.  I want to continue writing this blog daily.  It is a new routine for me so bear with me.  Please leave me your feedback and let me know what you think.  I can accept constructive criticism however please leave really rude comments to yourself.  This is not the easiest thing I have ever done and I am a gentle soul J  Thank you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment